It means landing pages are not relevant to your visitors.
How to Improve Bounce Rate?
1. Add links to more pages within your website in your content. Think about other pages that people interested in that piece of content will want to see, and link to them throughout the content and at the end in a “if you liked this, you’ll love this” kind of way.
2. Provide relevant content. Create landing pages tailored to each keyword and ad so that visitors can find what was promised.
3. Link to a glossary page that defines industry terms.
4. Place search function prominently. In the articles page, search box should have autocomplete and show relevant articles in the results.
5. Open external links in a new window.
6. Speed up page load.
7. Get rid of pop-up ads.
8. Keep the category list short (12 or less).