1. Do few things and do them well.
2. Learn few long lasting things very well.
3. Minimize delegation to others as much as possible. Eliminating this dependency increases reliability.
4. Don't expect to do lot of activities during your spare time. Just relax.
5. Clear out the clutter on your desk and focus on accomplishing one task at a time. Set your ego aside and leave multitasking to Bill Gates.
6. Set your priorities to help you choose things that must be done.
7. Consider maintenance costs in time and money before spending money on any item.
8. Reduce learning curve by focusing your learning on few things that are stable and does not change too fast.